3.15.2016

What DO City Dogs Need To Know?


A few weeks ago, I wrapped up my 5 part series with @2DogsTreats where we covered the elements in dog training necessary for living in an urban setting. Here they are in full with some funnies to get you in the mood for a little pup training! 

1. Name recognition (it sounds totally basic, but what do you want your dog to DO when you say his name? If "ignore me completely" isn't your answer, then check this out.)


2. Leave it (or affectionately called The Chicken Bone Command)


3. Wait 


4. Come (not "Come, please come - come back, *#&$^!!!! He's Friendly!)


"I'm not even going to try. Come back when you're ready, Sparky."

5. Heel.  (I might be playing favorites, but I really like how this one turned out.)


If you're so inclined, feel free to work on one or more of these elements for homework! 


Best, 
- M3

No comments:

Post a Comment