12.07.2010

The Christmas Puppy

There was a podcast last year that I wanted to post for Christmas, and forgot. Now, that time of year has come around again, and I wanted to make sure I got it posted this year.

As a dog trainer, my puppy classes generally slow down in December. Sure, there are the shelter dog puppies that come through the ranks, but this is the quiet time of year for puppies. Good breeders will set their pups to go in the spring or summer, so the young dogs are housebroken in time for winter (house training a dog in New England in JANUARY really sucks). But what about that Christmas Puppy for your sweetheart, kids, or single family member looking for a friendly companion? 9 times out of 10, I would suggest no - and here's why, courtesy of Jolanta Benal of Quick and Dirty Tips.

Do Puppies Make Good Christmas Gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment