12.07.2011

Help: Looking for Good Dog Walking Bag


We recently moved to an area with a LOT more green space than our previous apartment. In the old place, I'd keep a milk crate outside our front door with Sadie's toys, and use the Chuck It* at the end of the street. If we did go somewhere, I'd just pack it up in a back pack, take Sadie to a field, and have fun.

Seriously. Best outdoor toy made for dogs who love fetch, and human shoulders that can't throw.


But now, I'll take the 2 dogs for a walk around the neighborhood, stop at the green space, and play with Sadie and let Zep just sniff around, pee on things, and grunt. The problem is with two dogs, getting the toys out of the back pack off of my shoulder is cumbersome and awkward. I also have this moment of panic each time I take the bag off that I dropped a leash. It's a worse feeling than those nightmares where you think you lost all of your teeth, or show up to school naked.





I tried a tote bag for easy access, but I keep loosing my keys at the bottom of the bag. So I switched to one of the cheap drawstring backpacks, but the straps keep falling down over my shoulders, when the toy is in use.



So what do you use for walks/exercise with your dogs when you're out walking? Dog walkers, what do you use that is convenient, lightweight and durable? Ideally, something that would fit a Chuck It, water bottle/collapsible bowl, and has a place for slobbery tennis balls? I'd love some feedback!

4 comments:

  1. My wife has an Osprey backpack from REI that would work well, I think. It has outside straps and bungees for attaching things (like a chuckit) and plenty of pockets for things like bowls, water bottles, and balls, plus it's small and straps across the chest if you want. http://www.rei.com/product/808290/osprey-talon-11-pack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that the company that produces the Chuck Its haven't figured out a way to include a sling strap of some sort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore REI! So the Osprey goes across the chest, too? I'll have to run up and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ting - I KNOW! :) A friend recommended getting a carabeener for it to loop around my belt, which would work ----except I have the long chuck it, and I'm a short person. Plus, I'd love to toss a collapsible bowl of water in there too, so we don't have to keep running home to get her hydrated.

    ReplyDelete